Useful properties and composition of brandy
Cognac in its composition is quite diverse. The main part of its components consists of alcohols, organic acids, ethyl esters.
The drink has a positive effect on the body, biologically active substances of brandy have antioxidant properties.
The content in the composition of brandy tannins and tannin improves the body’s perception of vitamin C, has anti-inflammatory effect.
Another brandy dilates blood vessels, lowers blood pressure, increases the production of gastric juice, relieves stomach cramps, increases appetite.
The higher the quality of brandy, the more beneficial its effect on the body. For colds and sore throats, they use warmed brandy with lemon and honey, and if you add a few drops of the drink to black tea, the body’s protective functions will increase.
Harm and contraindications
Cognac has many positive properties, but do not abuse it. Studies show that the daily optimal dose is not more than 30 grams. Cognac should be drunk “in its pure form” and should not be mixed with cocktails, tonic and soda. People with diabetes or cholelithiasis, as well as those prone to alcoholism to use brandy even in the smallest doses are contraindicated.
How to distinguish real cognac from a fake without opening the bottle
Several useful items for those who want to buy brandy and feel the real harmony of taste and aroma of this noble drink.
1. This cognac is made exclusively in the province of Cognac. From the offices of Grand and Petite Champagne. (If a manufacturer has a contract with large cognac houses in France, you can safely think that this is Cognac).
2. Density of the drink. (This method can also be checked, but it also happens that the bottle of the product can be darkened or with a special coating). Take the bottle in your hand and turn it upside down. If the liquid inside the bottle is thick – this is the first good sign. (A sign of aged brandy). After the bottle has been turned over, one heavy drop, characterizing the thickness of the drink, should fall from its bottom. It happens that there is a lot of liquid inside the bottle and it will reliably make sure that this thick drink is problematic, you should turn the bottle over and look at the bubbles that form in it. First, a couple of large bubbles should “fly up” to the top, and then small bubbles, meaning the true density of the drink, should very slowly take off into the heart of the liquid to the top.
3. The label should be carefully glued with all the information (addresses of production, offices, etc.), and if it is truly excellent cognac, the information on it should be written exclusively in the language in which country the cognac was produced and bottled. (Or in English, as it is an international language). About the accuracy of the stickers. Some cognac houses, which produce top quality cognac, glue stickers with the help of special rollers with glue, rather than self-bonding. It’s easy to find out if this is the case. We turn the bottle on its side and look at the back side of the label, (the side of the glue), there should be uneven strips of glue on it, characterized by small divorces. In expensive cognacs, the label feels like money.
4. Price. Real cognac can not be cheap. It is expensive or very expensive. This is determined by how old the brandy is, from which province the brandy spirits are, and how many of them are involved (quantity) in a particular blend.
5. Some cognacs have a DAT sticker on which the code is stamped. So, using this code, you can check on the site a real cognac or a fake. There is an instruction on this label: you can check via SMS, or you can on the website that is indicated on the label.